ENT is a member of a study consortium led by the Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP) in conjunction with the ICF International, Ecologic Institute, and Denkstatt, and funded by the European Commission’s DG Environment.
This project last for two years (December 2015 to December 2017), and focus on the main synergies between biodiversity and socio-economic priorities in EU Member States. ENT will be responsible for the part of the analysis related to Portugal and Spain.
The methodological approach will be based on the following tasks:
- Analysis of the main socio-economic priorities in the EU-28;
- Identification of synergies between biodiversity and socio-economic priorities in the EU Member States;
- Evaluation of socio-economic benefits associated with the identified synergies;
- Development of recommendations on how to best address these synergies, considering the need to maximize socio-economic and environmental benefits and the efficiency in the use of public resources;
- Data collection and development of recommendations to contribute to the European Semester process, with the purpose of emphasizing the role of conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in the support of macro-economic policies within Member States.
ENT environment & management