ENT environment & management is looking for a candidate to be involved as a researcher in a H2020 project on climate change adaptation.
- Start date: 1st July 2021.
- Dedication: full time (8h/day).
- Period: a temporary contract of 6-month will be offered. If this period is satisfactory, a 2.5-year contract will be then offered.
- Gross Annual Salary: between 25,000 and 30,000 EUR depending on the experience of the candidate.
- Place of work: most of the work will be done remotely, but physical presence will be required for some of the tasks (involving field work, mainly in Catalonia). There will be the option to work at ENT’s office (C/Llanza, 1-7. 08800 Vilanova i la Geltrú, Barcelona, Spain).
- Previous professional experience in climate change adaptation projects, with a special interest on coastal urban settings.
- Languages: Professional use of English (C2). Main language for reporting will be English. Ability to understand Spanish and Catalan (B1), and professional command of one the two (C1). Formal compromise to improve Spanish and Catalan, if these languages are not native for the candidate.
- Degree in Environmental Sciences or Economics, preferably.
- Experience in research projects.
- Flexibility to undertake other research/consultancy tasks.
OTHER ASPECTS THAT WILL BE HIGHLY VALUED
- Language: English, Spanish or Catalan as native languages.
- Experience in FP7 and/or H2020 EU projects.
- Experience in preparing EU project proposals.
- Experience in the design and implementation of participatory research activities such as workshops, interviews, questionnaires, etc.
- Knowledge about ecosystem services and assessment
- Experience in the use of environmental valuation methods
- Experience in ecological economics or environmental economics.
- Previous publications in scientific journals.
OTHER ASPECTS THAT WILL BE CONSIDERED
- Other languages.
- PhD finished or in progress.
- Expertise in waste management or life-cycle analysis.
- Experience in other environmental fields.
Interested candidates, please send your CV (including academic record) and a cover letter indicating how the requirements are met to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23rd May 2021.