This project was funded by the Department of Planning and Sustainability of the Generalitat of Catalonia and had the Catalan Association of Municipalities for Door-to-Door Separate Collection and Fundació ENT as partners.
The objectives of the project were:
- To achieve a higher level of information about door-to-door separate collection and its effects on waste prevention.
- To publicize the door-to-door separate collection model, in view of its possible adoption by municipalities.
- To reduce waste generation and to increase separate collection in municipalities implementing door-to-door collection.
Listed below are the most important actions carried out under the project:
a) Video on the door-to-door selective collection and waste prevention:
- 13 minutes video on door-to-door collection, highlighting the reasons why this collection model also becomes an effective waste prevention tool (in Spanish).
- Brief video (4 minutes) on the door-to-door collection system (in Spanish).
b) New section on waste prevention on the website of the Catalan Association of Municipalities for Door-to-Door Separate Collection.
On the website of the Catalan Association of Municipalities for Door-to-Door Separate Collection a new section was created on door-to-door collection and waste prevention.
c) Newsletter infoPAP on door-to-door and waste prevention.
InfoPAP is the newsletter of the Catalan Association of Municipalities for Door-to-Door Separate Collection. In the course of the project, a monograph on waste prevention was published (in Catalan).
d) Workshop on door-to-door collection and municipal waste prevention in Catalonia.
On 7th November 2013 a seminar on door-to-door separate collection systems and waste prevention was held in Sant Llorenç de Morunys. The report “Economic balance of door-to-door and road containers waste collection for local authorities and proposals for its optimisation” was presented. Presentations are on the website of the association.